The Garden Shed Company Terms & Conditions
The Garden Shed Company would like to welcome you to this website We have worked hard to make it as user friendly and informative as possible. By purchasing products from The Garden Shed Company, the purchaser (“The Customer”) agrees to the following terms and conditions of sale.
The Garden Shed Company Best Price Guarantee
With The Best Price Guarantee there is no need to waste time shopping around, you can be confident you have found the best deal right here. However, if you do find an identical garden shed advertised elsewhere for less, we will beat that price by 5%.
The garden shed must be the identical brand, product, colour and specification. As these sheds are not available to pick up from our office, the competitors price must include any home delivery fees charged by the seller. The price must be verifiable on the Internet, by printed advertisement or written quote at time of sale. Delivery charges (if applicable) will be taken into account when calculating the comparative prices. Best price guarantee does not apply to auctions, liquidations or closing down sales.
Damaged Goods Policy
While we take take great care when sending your purchase, 0ccasionally a product will get damaged. It is important that you check for visible signs of damage at the time the goods are received. If there is damage or you suspect damage, write “damaged” on the delivery docket and ensure the driver is aware of this.
If the goods you receive are faulty or damaged, please advise us immediately and email photos showing the problem. It is the customers responsibility to check for freight damage at the time of delivery to ensure damaged goods are replaced without delay. Delays in advising us of damaged goods may result in non-replacement.
In the very unlikely event that your order is incorrect, we will send the correct items once the incorrect items are returned. Naturally you won’t have to pay for the extra freight.
All prices are quoted in New Zealand Dollars and are inclusive of 15% GST unless otherwise stated.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Where the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 apply, these terms will be read subject to the application of that Act, and in the case of any conflict, the provisions of that Act will apply.
Limitation of Liability
The Garden Shed Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of products .
The privacy of your customer data, orders and credit cards are important to us. We will not disclose or sell your customer data to any third party. We will only send you email newsletters if you explicitly opt in.
Credit card details are not stored anywhere on our servers nor in our premises. Your credit card details are processed in real time by an independent payment gateway authorised by our bank, using secure encryption.
Incorrect Address Or Bank Account
If a product is found to be mis-addressed by us then we shall be responsible for the re-delivery or replacement of the product. If the Customer is found to have given an incorrect or insufficient address, then responsibility for correcting delivery will be borne by the Customer.
The Garden Shed Company gives the customer the choice to pay for products through bank transfer. If the Customer credits money to the incorrect bank account number, and the correct number was provided to the Customer by The Garden Shed Company, then The Garden Shed Company will not accept any responsibility for correcting payment and the goods will not be dispatched.
The Garden Shed Company takes every possible care when displaying products for sale, however colours displayed on a screen vary and may not represent the exact colours in reality. The Garden Shed Company is not responsible or liable for any liability or loss incurred through the colours on the website not matching reality. We are happy to supply you with a brochure containing a colour chart.
Order any of our products and we will deliver free of charge to your home. On extremely rare occasions, certain regions or very rural parts of New Zealand may incur a surcharge. We regret we can not deliver to Islands (Waiheke, Stewart etc) only to mainland locations. Many of our packages are heavy and/or bulky. Generally the delivery truck is well equipped to handle unloading of the order, however please be aware that additional assistance may be required in some instances, and the driver may not be able to get the delivery into it’s final position if access is difficult. The Garden Shed Company has no control over what trucks and equipment are used to deliver the order.
We will advise in all instances if there is to be any extra charge over and above that shown within this website. We will process your order within 1 business day following payment in cleared funds. Payment by online banking cannot be checked until the next business day.
Delivery times vary depending on the product. Gavo sheds are typically 7 days, Garden Master sheds are around 14 days due to them being made to order. Timber sheds can be 14-21 days.
We will email you a tracking number once your order is despatched.
Once an order has been placed and paid for there is no cancellation of the order.
In the event that goods are returned to us that are not faulty or incorrect, the customer shall be liable for all freight charges. Returns are accepted at our discretion.
The following are the terms and conditions of The Assembly Company, and independently owned, nationwide installer of our sheds.
- The siting of the shed or carport is The Customers’ responsibility.
- Prices quoted assume a clear, dry accessible site on level ground with easy access.
- All packaging materials remain the ownership and responsibility of The Customer.
- Some marking of the product is inevitable and the consumer must accept minor scratching. Our assemblers will ensure that maximum care is taken to protect pre-painted steel surfaces from damage.
- It is The Customers’ responsibility to determine and advise the method of anchoring for their shed. If information on anchoring of the shed is not provided to The Assembly Company then the shed will not be anchored. The Assembly Company accepts no responsibility for any shed that has not been anchored after assembly.
- Any shed 10m2 or above requires a building consent. It is The Customers responsibility to apply and pay for any building consents that may be required.
- The Assembly Company accepts no responsibility or liability for sheds that do not have the required permit when assembled.
- The Assembly Company will not accept any liability arising from loss or damage sustained by any carriers.
- The Assembly Company will not be responsible for any consequential loss, damages, lost income or other associated costs if the assembly takes place later than the agreed upon time and/or date.
- If digging is required, it is The Customers’ responsibility to identify any underground services and provide the details in writing to The Assembly Company five working days prior to assembly taking place.
- Extra charges will apply for dealing with any underground services encountered which have not previously been advised by The Customer in writing to The Assembly Company.
- The Assembly Company reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee for any job that is cancelled within 72 hours of the confirmed assembly date.
The information on this website is provided for general information only. The Garden Shed Company has provided this information for the benefit of users in good faith and with reasonable care. Errors and omissions in this information may occur including through negligence.
Accordingly, The Garden Shed Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any opinion, information, advice, representation or omission contained on this web site. We also accept no liability for delivery delays as these are outside our control.